• Israeli forces detain 5 Palestinian teenagers in East Jerusalem
• Israeli forces raid Jenin-area villages, detain young Palestinian man
• Israel confiscates Palestinian land near Nablus
• Israeli forces prevent farmers from planting near Bethlehem
• Palestinian journalist…
• Israeli troops shoot, injure Palestinian teen at flying checkpoint
• Israeli tank fires shell at open area in Gaza City
• Abbas to host young Israelis in Ramallah
• Hamas: International troops in Palestine would be same as ‘occupation’
• PA minister visits families of hunger striking prisoners
• Kerry Plan shakes up Jordanian-Palestinian relations
• West Bank stations deny fuel to PA security vehicles over unpaid bills
A few rights given to women in Islam, a good 1,400+ years ago, when women were viewed as completely subservient to men, and people practiced female infanticide:
- Owning, Managing, and Maintaining Property
- Custody of Children
- Access to Education
- Choice of Spouse
- Keeping One’s Maiden Name After Marriage
- Equal Participation in the Political Process
- Spiritual Equality
The United Nations granted women these rights in the Declaration of Human Rights. In 1948. When many countries still had not given women the right to vote. In fact, over a thousand years after the death of Prophet Mohammad (pbuh), in 1586, French Catholics were still debating whether or not women possessed souls.
I’m so sick and tired of people who don’t practice Islam telling me about my religion. You really think millions of women have been coerced into believing in a tradition that views them as subservient? Get real.
That list only includes some main right women have in Islam, definitely not all.